The Trinity River Food Bank has two main pantry locations for anyone needing food assistance in our communities. The Cleveland location is open Monday-Thursday. Serving walk-ins from 11:00am-1:30pm on Mondays. Tuesday-Thursday serving by appointment. Call 281-592-5001 to make an appointment today!
The Huntsville location is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 2pm. Please call 936- 439-4490 or go to our online appointments to reserve your client choice shopping or curbside pickup option today!
We distribute fresh produce, canned and dry goods, frozen meat (when available), bread and other food. You may be asked to show an ID when you are checked in. Pantry boxes are available while supplies last.
BENEFITS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM:
When families find themselves in need, we are here to help with their basic needs and equip them to achieve long-term stability. Federal and state-funded benefit programs can help people with a low income cover basic expenses like food, housing and healthcare.
The Food Bank offers assistance filling out applications for agencies such as:
- SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- WIC: Women, Infants and Children Program
- Texas Medicaid Program
- Women’s Healthcare Program
- CHIP: Children’s Medicaid
- TANF: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
We do not determine eligibility for any of these aid programs but we will make sure all applications are filled out in a hassle free environment and delivered to the correct agency.
Call to make an appointment to speak with a Social Services Specialist for help with state benefits assistance.
ENTERGY POWER TO CARE PROGRAM
No one should have to choose between food or medicine and electricity. But sadly, many of our elderly and disabled neighbors living on low or fixed incomes face these choices every day. Through Entergy’s The Power to Care program, we can provide emergency bill payment assistance to seniors and disabled individuals in crisis. The bill assistance is for electric or propane.
Some of the qualifying criteria:
- Clients must live in the city of Cleveland, Texas
- Must be 55 years and up on disability or age 62 and on social security.
- Eligibility is based on the federal poverty guidelines to qualify.
- This service is available once every six months to qualifying seniors.
This program is administered through the Covenant with Christ International organization. For additional information about our electric assistance program and to see if you qualify, please call 281-592-5001. We will be glad to speak with you and set an appointment to come in and see us!
During times of crisis, the Trinity River Food Bank is ready to step in and provide emergency assistance when and where it is needed most.
- Provide emergency food and water in times of crisis like hurricanes and floods.
- Able to establish temporary emergency food pantries in affected communities.