The Trinity River Food Bank cannot fight hunger and bring health and hope to the community without the dedicated help of our volunteers. Sign up for one of our volunteer opportunities today and make a difference in your community.
See how food goes from donation to delivery by helping us sort and inspect donated food items, prepare the sorted product for our partner agencies, and assemble food boxes for our Mobile Pantries.
Register As An Individual Register As A Group
Email the Food Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today.
Court-Ordered Community Service
Do you need to complete hours for court-mandated community service? We would be happy to let you complete those hours with us. Email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to get started. (Be sure to include in your email that you are seeking Community Service hours, how many hours you need, and the reason for service.)
The health and safety of everyone who attends our volunteer events is our top priority. Please know that we continue to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are taking necessary precautions.
- All volunteers will be given a no-touch temp check upon arrival. Volunteers with a temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or above (the recommended threshold from the CDC) will be asked to leave and monitor their symptoms, seeking professional medical assistance if necessary.
- Due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation, we are only accepting volunteers aged 18 and older at this time.
- If you fall under the CDC’s high-risk category due to your age or because of underlying medical conditions, we strongly recommend that you stay at home and not volunteer at this time.
In addition to standard health and sanitation procedures, the Trinity River Food Bank, has also committed to:
- Implementing social distancing measures. Food Bank staff will ensure appropriate distance is maintained between each volunteer during check-in, orientation, and during the volunteer event.
- Providing hand sanitizer pumps.
- Sanitation staff will sanitize the facility regularly both inside and out, meeting room, door frames, restrooms, break room, door handles, and other often touched surfaces.
- Providing gloves and masks to all volunteers.
We will also display best practices throughout the event, encouraging everyone to wash their hands for at least twenty seconds and stay 6 feet apart.